Congratulations! Whether you are the mama-to-be or planning this special celebration for your loved one, it is an exciting time to gather around friends and family for a baby shower. The first piece of the planning puzzle is determining where to host the special occasion. Is the mama-to-be dreaming of high tea delicacies and enchanted gardens? Or maybe she would prefer a picnic in her backyard? Whichever way she pictures her special day, we’ve put together a directory of venues to match!
We have created this list of tried-and-true cafes, restaurants, parks, and other locales to host a baby shower in the Brisbane region:
High Tea Baby Shower Venues in Brisbane
1. The Matriarch Cafe The Matriarch is a romantic cocktail garden, with a design featuring intimate tables but also have spaces for larger gatherings. Settle into The Matriarch garden and unwind with a cup of tea and an assortment of yummy sweets, savoury treats, and freshly baked scones with jam and cream.
2. Forget Me Not Cafe Sit back, relax and enjoy our highly recommended high tea including a delicious array of savoury treats, ribbon sandwiches, freshly baked scones with jam and cream, and delicate sweets all served on fine English China along with your choice of loose leaf tea, coffee or soft drink.
3. Tea & Niceties Pamper yourself with the ultimate High Tea experience at our vintage-inspired tearoom and enchanting gardens, set amongst the rainforest on peaceful Tamborine Mountain. Step back into a gentler, more romantic time offering all the grace and elegance of a bygone era, while savouring the delights of a traditional High Tea.
Baby Shower Venue Ideas in Brisbane
4. Everyday Mums This is our heart and from this space, we grow, connect and extend our journey. A beautiful blank canvas space to bring loved ones together and celebrate mum-to-be. This community-focused building is in the heart of Ipswich CBD.
5. Howard Smith Wharves Discover a range of incredible event venues right on the Brisbane River. We have a passion for creating memorable, out-of-the-box experiences so that every event is special. Each venue has a unique set of features to influence your special occasion and experience.
6. Sirromet Winery With award-winning wines, great food, and beautiful surroundings, there is no better place to celebrate that special occasion than at Sirromet! They also have a GORGEOUS lavender field, which is beautiful for photos.
7. Cedar & Pine Bar Wynnum We love to party at Cedar & Pine Bar, and we love helping you create a special event that you’ll always remember. We strive to do this by making the whole process easy, affordable, and fun! Your event is special, and we want you to enjoy every moment you’re at the bar with your family & friends.
Cafe’s and Restaurant Baby Shower Venue Options
8. The Garden Room Roma St Parklands Revel in sweeping views of the Parkland whilst you enjoy exceptional service in a space so versatile, you can bring your dream event to life. From casual dining to sit-down meals, our carefully curated menus are made from freshly sourced, local ingredients that pay homage to our beautiful, natural surroundings
9. Paw Paw Cafe Pawpaw has a beautiful floral-chic function room, perfect for private functions of up to fifty guests. We invite you to select from a range of delectable Southeast Asian catering options, including banquets, canapes, and dinner boxes. We specialise in gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan, enabling us to tailor a food and drink package to suit any occasion.
10. The Bloom Room Cafe Crisp white, blue and exposed-brick walls, adorned with blossoms leading up towards the ceiling where more floral arrangements hang delicately, will make you feel like you’re in an off-track cafe in London or Paris.
11. The Green Fortitude Valley Immerse your guests in our lush green space providing the perfect backdrop for your next celebration. Whether it’s intimate private dining, a luxe cocktail hour or an end of year celebration, The Green is able to tailor an experience to suit.
Free Venues Ideas
12. New Farm Park One of Brisbane’s oldest, grandest and largest parks, and attracts more than 18,000 visitors each week from all around the world. It is also a popular spot for local families, with enough amusements to keep little ones busy all day.
13. Brisbane City Botanic Gardens City Botanic Gardens, Brisbane City has nine park booking sites available for special events of short duration. This major park features beautiful displays of annual garden beds, shrubbery and trees. Some trees date back to 1828. This location is also a great choice for your Maternity Photography Session!
14. Roma St Parklands These parklands offer a distinctly different experience, with designer gardens and sprawling lawns that wind around 16 hectares of stunning parklands. Well known by garden and plant enthusiasts for its exceptional horticultural standards, it is also a popular visitor destination, housing free barbeques, playgrounds and a year-round calendar of events.
We love the *free* options because they are entirely customisable! Hire your favourite cafe or restaurant for bites and desserts, utilise the pre-made platters at Costco, or make it a pot-luck!
You can even hire a picnic-style setup to wow your guests and add your own touch to this special celebration. To take your parklands or backyard event to the next level we recommend hiring Grounded Picnics & Events or Simply Kate Special Events for styling, furniture/picnic hire, or catering.
Now you have a ton of ideas for your Baby Shower Venue around Brisbane, want to tick another thing off your to-do list and get your gifts sorted? If you’re looking for an option which ensures you get a gift that you LOVE as well as make it so easy for your guests to gift it to you? Check out a Photography Gift Registry.
+ Leave a comment