You’ve probably heard me say it before but the job isn’t done until your printed photographs are proudly displayed around your home. When you have so many beautiful images in your gallery it can be overwhelming to get printing.
Allow me to walk you through 5 Easy Steps for Displaying your Printed Photographs. Believe me, by the time you have worked your way through and those pictures have made their way onto the prized spot in your home, you will feel great.
1. Choose Your Favourites
The delivery of your online gallery is a momentous occasion. You have put so much work into getting your photos done, invested time and money and now it is time to reap the rewards! Sit down with your whole family and go through the gallery together (no sneak peeking ahead of time!). Once you have gone through once (or twice), go back through and select your very favourite images. Pick the ones which make you melt, or feel tingles or shed a tear. These one-of-a-kind pieces of art will make your house a home.
Pro Tip: If you are wanting to retire old photos, you don’t have to throw them away! Keep a box of retired gallery photos or perhaps move them to another space in your home.
2. Choose a Space for your Photos
The perfect spot may come to mind immediately. Otherwise you need to take a walk around your home and let inspiration strike.
Keep your eye open for empty wall spaces, long and boring hallways, or old artwork/photos which are needing to be switched up to update your story.
3. Plan Gallery Spaces
Your own Gallery is a beautiful way to display your story. Have you ever been over to a friend’s house and been caught staring at their photo Gallery? Perhaps it sparked a conversation, or made you feel that you knew them just that little bit better. Imagine being surrounded by the faces of your own loved ones in your home and showing off the little details you remember and the connection you share.
Take a look at some gallery configurations to add a beautiful space in your home:
Gallery hack: Once you have settled on a location and configuration for your Gallery, create a mock Gallery using some paper, cut to size, and map it out on the wall. This way you know that the sizes you order will fit perfectly and look great.
4. Choosing Your Photos
You have already chosen some spots in your home. Now you’re going to want to match the right photos to those locations. Let me break it down for you:
- The feel: Match the feel of the photo with the intention of the room. A super intimate, snuggly photo may be perfect for your bedroom, above the bed. Your fun and fabulous family photo may be blown up and in your living room for all to see.
- Colours: These photos are works of Art! Bring out accent colours in the room by colour matching. If your dining room table and accents are white in your lounge room, opt for a soft white frame.
- The type of print: I offer a number of different Wall Art printing options. If you have a sleek, modern home then the Acrylic print may suit you best with its Glossy finish. If your home is already sporting Canvas Art, perhaps you could include our Canvas Print. Take a look at the print options HERE. I have kept a tightly curated collection, if you had something else in mind please let me know and I can try to source this for you.
- Configuration: Will you have a stand alone piece, or do you have a beautiful sequence of images. Try different combinations and experiment with what works best.
Remember, as your photographer I am always happy to lend my expertise on what could work in your home.
5. Order Printed Photographs Using your Online Gallery & Dispay!
Once you have chosen your favourite photos, walked through your house and had a feel for the space and where they could fit, planned your gallery space and chosen your photos it is time to get them printed.
The brilliance or ordering directly from your gallery is that you can do it from your lounge, and the photos are delivered to you. You can do it from your home, with the tape measure in hand and right next to the wall you are preparing for your photos!
I would LOVE to see your pieces of art around your home. Once you have completed these steps, please either send me a photo to email@example.com or tag me on insta (@bluryphotography) so that I can see them up.